- First, I will meet with the client(s) for the initial consultation to discuss the project’s subject, the elements that will be included (pictures, letters, records, etc), who will be interviewed, and any necessary extra research.
- Then, the client(s) and I will compile a list of interview questions.
- Next, all interviews will be scheduled, conducted, and transcribed.
- Simultaneously, I will begin compiling extra research, as well as organizing other included elements (photos, letters, etc).
- Once the research is finished and the interviews are transcribed, I will begin writing the first draft of the book.
- When the first draft is complete, I will give it to the client(s) for corrections, such as names, dates, locations, and tweaks or inclusions of passages in the text. The sooner the client returns the copy, the faster the project will be completed.
- After the first round of revisions are done, and the copy has been approved, I will then design the book’s layout and cover.
- When I complete the design, the client(s) will preview the book and have another opportunity to make small revisions to the text and book design.
- After the book copy is approved, I will submit it to the publisher and deliver the finished product to the client(s) as soon as it arrives.
Community History Books October 6, 2011