- First, I will meet with the client for the initial consultation to discuss what he or she wants to include in the cookbook. This typically includes a rough number of recipes, and discussing the inclusion of stories and photos.
- If interviews are necessary for extra stories, then I will conduct and transcribe them as required.
- Any photos of prepared food will need to be arranged by an outside photographer.
- I will then create the first draft of the cookbook, including all recipes and stories.
- Once it is complete, I will give the first draft to the client for corrections. The sooner the client returns the copy, the faster the project will be completed.
- After completing all revisions to the manuscript, I will create a book layout and cover design.
- Lastly, the client will review the book text and design. Once approved by the client, I will submit the book to the publisher and deliver it to the client as soon as the book arrives.
Family Cookbooks May 29, 2012