- Meet with the client for the initial consultation. Discuss the information that will be included in a family story, book length, and-Who else (if anyone) will be interviewed.I can conduct genealogy research for the client, but will need to know as much information as possible (name, birth/death date & place, spouse, etc)1.
- Conduct a series of interviews (one to two-hour long sessions). Most histories benefit from at least six hours of interview time.
- Transcribe each interview and use the transcript to create the client’s family story.
- Give the first draft to the client for corrections. The sooner the client returns the copy, the faster the project will be completed.
- Once I complete all revisions, I need the client should provide me with any images and captions that will appear in the book. I will then complete the book’s layout and cover design.
- Once the client has approved the book copy, I will submit it to the publisher and deliver the finished product to the client as soon as it arrives.
Family History Books October 6, 2011