- First, I will meet with the client for the initial consultation to discuss what he or she wants included in the pet book, the number of pictures, and who else (if anyone) will be interviewed.
- Then, I will conduct a one or two hour interview with the pet owner. We will discuss the topics previous agreed upon during the consultation. If the client does not want or require an interview, then I will skip this step.
- During this time, I will also need the pet pictures that will be included in the book. If the client wants to include commentary on one or more picture, then I will record the comments for accurate records.
- I will transcribe the interview and/or photo commentary and use the transcript to form the pet narrative.
- Once I have a first draft complete, I will give it to the client for corrections. The sooner the client returns the copy, the faster the project will be completed.
- After revisions are completed, I will then complete the book’s layout and cover design.
- Once the client has approved the book copy, I will submit it to the publisher and deliver the finished product to the client as soon as it arrives.
Pet Books October 6, 2011