- First, I will meet with the client for the initial consultation to discuss what he or she wants in the scrapbook and who else (if anyone) will be interviewed. I will also ask about any other sources the client might want included, such as letters, tickets, buttons, keepsakes, certificates, etc.
- Then, I will conduct a series of interviews, in typically one to two hour long sessions. Scrapbook interview times vary with each project.
- I will then transcribe each interview.
- Before gluing anything to paper, I will show the transcription(s) to the client along with my notes, which will indicate which pages should be paired with what portion of text. I will describe what photos I plan to use for those pages, as well as any letters, certificates, etc. I will also provide samples of my paper collection and get an idea of what papers appeal to the client and best reflect the scrapbook’s general theme.
- From there, I will pull everything together and create a couple of scrapbook pages. With every couple of pages, I will expect the client to look over the work and either sign off on the design or offer suggestions for correction.
- When the entire book is complete, I will deliver it to the client.
Scrapbooks October 6, 2011